WHEN – MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Drop off your food donations at Pardes Jewish Day School, the or at the Arizona Kosher Pantry
VIRTUAL FOOD DRIVE!
Want to participate virtually in this Food Drive? Please consider donating. Use the donate button to participate virtually in the Pardes Rosh Hashanah Food Drive. Funds raised from the donate button below will be used to stock the shelves with food products that will be purchased with your gift. Donate
Note: The donate link above will take you our third party payment processor website to donate
All non-perishable kosher food, boxed or canned, is appropriate. The items most needed to maintain our nutritionally balanced food boxes include: As we service individual families, regular size packages are appropriate.
- Protein Bars
- Protein Drinks
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Canned Beans
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruits
- Tomato Sauce
- Cold Cereals
- Canned Juices
- Pasta and Rice
- Milk ( Shelf Stable Tetra Pak )
- Grape Juice
- Vanilla, cinnamon, raisins, and varieties of dried fruit
- Toilet Tissue
- Personal Care Items – Shampoo, Toothpaste, etc.
- Plastic Cutlery, Paper Plates, and Paper Cups
Glad you asked! We have 3 solutions to accepting non-kosher, non-perishable food at our kosher pantry. Since we are dedicated to being responsible food stewards, that means we are sensitive to food waste. Here’s our formula for success when we receive non-kosher, non-perishable food.
- We work with local food pantries when we get excess non-kosher food and help stock their shelves in these cases.
- Since we are a community food panty, we do maintain a separate room that we stock with non-kosher, non-perishable grocery items.
- Our feed the homeless initiative This program has volunteers fill bags with our excess non-kosher, non-perishable food items and distribute them throughout the valley to homeless individuals.